Friday 26 August 2011

Motivating your Child to Care about School

Wouldn't we all love to hear an enthusiastic "Great!" when you child is asked how school is going?  Instead you might get an apathetic "It's ok" response.  Or you may even get "it sucks!"  How do you motivate you child to care about school?
The fact is your child may never love school.  For some, academics come naturally, while others struggle throughout.  You can't force the love of school, but you can encourage your child to care about his education.
I always knew growing up that I had to go to college.  It wasn't an option in my family – I had to at least show up for the first day of college.  My parents said that they had an obligation to ensure I had a good education and I had an obligation to get good grades. 
When we'd see adult fast food workers or someone busting their hiney behind a deli counter, my parents would remind me the importance of career options.  I learned that while there was nothing wrong with working in a cashier position, some people didn't have other options because they didn't have a college education. 
I knew early on that I didn't want to spend my adult life flipping burgers.  For me, that was motivation to care about school. For others, that motivation may not work.  Some people are motivated by money.
Show your child different salaries of various careers.  If she has aspirations of a six figure salary, she'll need to start laying the ground work now.   Some children may not respond to any future aspirations.  They are only concerned about the present.
You may not be able to get your child to love school, but perhaps you can help him not hate school.  You know your child better than anyone.  You know his likes and dislikes (if you don't, I strongly suggest you stop reading this article immediately and go hang out with your child!).
What is your child interested in?  Good grades?  Being able to participate in extra-curricular activities? Money? Future earnings? Find what makes your child tick and you'll have a head start.
VISIT OUR WEBISTE: www.clubztutoring.com/GTA

3 comments:

  1. my child has never given a positive thought about school.. ill try what u said

    ReplyDelete
  2. i was always worried why my child doesnt like school. i went to his school and got to know he has no friends. he never told me about it. i changed his school. Thank God he loves his school now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Say thanks for discuss your very fantastic data. Your net is excellent.I am stunned at the details that you have on this web page. It displays how effectively you understand this Test Guide topic. Added this website, will appear back again for a lot more. Test Guide

    ReplyDelete